Your ZashPay® personal payments service has been enhanced. We've combined the best features of ZashPay with the Popmoney® personal payment service to bring you even more features than you had before!
It's called Popmoney. And your existing ZashPay profile was upgraded automatically to make this easy to use. Popmoney, the industry leading person-to-person payment service, features an even larger national payments network and easier to use than your previous service. You also have new features such as eGreetings, which make sending money to friends and family fun.
You can import contacts from popular email services, access your profile information from a centralized "To Do List," set up future-dated and recurring payments, add multiple email addresses for a contact, and more.
What you should know about the Upgrade
1. What is Popmoney?
Use Popmoney to pay anyone you know, or owe - it's the easy way to send and receive money directly from your account. Pay your rent or send money to your kids away at college - it's safe and secure and all you need is an email address or mobile phone number.
2. What's the most important thing I should know about the new Popmoney?
The upgraded Popmoney is even easier for you AND your friends and family to use. Enjoy a better, more powerful user experience, as well your friends and family who use the upgraded popmoney.com. Most exciting of all, your person-to-person payment network just got significantly bigger - now the combined ZashPay® and Popmoney® personal-payment network includes 1,400 U.S. financial institutions. It's easier for you and easier for your friends and family to send and receive money safely and securely in just a few simple steps.
3. When will the upgrade happen?
GCF Bank upgraded its person-to-person payment service on June 10, 2012.
4. What do I have to do?
Nothing! You were automatically upgraded. You may continue to use the service with no interruptions. Access Popmoney within your online bill payment center. Choose the tab name Popmoney.
5. How will I get to the upgraded service?
Access Popmoney through Online Banker's Bill Pay here at GCFBank.com. Choose the tab named Popmoney.
6. Some of my friends and family bank outside the "network" and have to go to zashpay.com. What will this mean for them?
People who do not use a bank or credit union in the Popmoney network can use the Popmoney service at the upgraded popmoney.com.* There, they can send and receive money just as you do here at GCF.
Those who have already enrolled at zashpay.com will be directed to go to popmoney.com after the upgrade. Those users will have to update their username, but their password will remain the same. All other information will carry over.
More good news - it will be easier than ever for your friends and family to get the money you send. They can use the "Quick Deposit" feature to deposit the payment without going through the full enrollment process. If they choose to enroll so they can send money as well, they will no longer be required to enter their social security number. You can even send money directly to a financial institution account, so your recipient doesn't have to do anything.
*Terms and conditions apply
7. Will my existing contacts and payment history still be available?
Yes, all history and contact info prior to the upgrade is still accessible.
8. What are the new features?
The upgraded Popmoney offers several new features. You will now be able to:
- Personalize your gift payments with an eGreeting template
- Set up future-dated payments and recurring payments
- Import contacts from popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!®,Gmail®
- Send money using an account number in addition to using an email address or mobile number
- Add multiple email addresses and mobile numbers for any contact
- Respond to all Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests, from a central dashboard, or "To Do List"
- Receive money by simply verifying an email address or mobile phone number (without formally enrolling)
- Access the largest person-to-person payment network for financial institutions, with 1,400 participating banks and credit unions.
9. How secure is Popmoney?
From the moment information is sent to Popmoney to the time it is stored and accessed again, it is encrypted using industry leading software, hardware and algorithms. Security is also utilized at specific points and actions in the product. For example, to help prevent an unauthorized person from fraudulently depositing someone else's payment, one-time passcodes are used. For every initial payment to a new email address or mobile phone number, a one-time passcode is sent to the user. The user must provide that passcode back to Popmoney to verify his "ownership" of that mobile number or email address before he can deposit the payment.
10. How fast can I send and receive money with Popmoney?
With Popmoney, a recipient can receive money in as little as one business day. However, in some cases it may take longer. For example, if you send an email or mobile payment and the recipient is not yet registered for Popmoney, he/she must sign up for the service so that we have their account information to deposit their payment. Also, if you exceed your next-day payment limits, we will then deliver payments within three business days. Limits can and will vary and can be checked by clicking the Help icon on the Send Money screen.
11. How will payment limits be handled under the upgraded service?
Limits apply to the amount you can send per transaction, per day and per month, as well as to total outstanding payments. You can always check your limits by going to the "Send Money" screen within the Popmoney service and clicking on the "Help" icon next to the "Amount" field.
12. Will I be paying any fees?
Fees won't be changed at the time of the upgrade. You will receive the upgraded features for the same fee you pay to send money today.
*Terms and conditions apply.