Banking is now as easy as dialing
(856) 589-6600* (option 4)
with our automated
24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
and absolutely FREE!!
*(877) 589-6600 Outside the local calling area. Click here for more information
Use GCF Express-Line when you want to:
- Inquire on any of your GCF accounts.
- Obtain up-to-the-minute account balances and transaction information.
- Transfer funds from one GCF account to another GCF account. (Passbook Savings transfers are not permitted.)
- Place a stop payment on unpaid checks.
- Make payments to your GCF loans.
- Bank during your hours, not ours. GCF Express-Line offers the 1-2-3 convenience of:
- No more waiting in line or on the phone
- Easy step-by-step instructions
- All GCF customers have access
If you haven't tried Express-Line yet, why not try it today?
Follow this link for tips on setting up your Express-Line account!
In the 856 area code, the following exchanges are within the local calling area. Toll free dialing is not available when calling from:
Toll free dialing is only available when calling from an exchange
not shown above by dialing 1-877-589-6600.
For security purposes, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required before you can access your accounts. First-time callers will be prompted through the setup process.
You will need to enter the last four digits of the primary account holder's social security number to gain access to the system prior to establishing your PIN. Once the system verifies your identity, you will be prompted through the steps necessary to customize your PIN. Please note that you will need to repeat these steps for each account you plan to access. You may choose to use the same PIN number for multiple accounts for convenience or select a different number as an added layer of security -- the choice is yours!
Check out the chart below for menu options at a glance.
HOW TO ENTER YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER
- All account numbers must be ten digits (Disregard any dashes).
- For Statement Savings, checking and MMDA, enter the number as it appears on your statement, adding 0s (zero) in front for a 10 digit entry.
- For certificate of deposit information, enter the number as it appears on your original certificate.
- For mortgage or consumer loans, enter the number as it appears on your payment coupon.
For Passbook Savings and Passbook Mortgages, please call help line support.
Forget your PIN?
No problem! Dial "0" during banking hours for help from an Express-Line operator.