A century has passed. A proud history exists. For over 100 years, GCF Bank has been providing the means for thousands of South Jersey homeowners to realize the American Dream. For over 100 years, GCF has provided a safe haven for individuals to place their hard-earned dollars. For over 100 years, GCF's Directors, Officers and Employees, who live and work locally, have made it their commitment to be directly involved in community, school, and charity events, always ready to support a needy cause.
GCF today remains an independent savings bank. Thus attention remains focused on local customers with local decision making, providing up-to-date products and services that can meet your financial needs. GCF continues to be a strong and well-capitalized banking institution, ready to move forward to a new and exciting future.
GCF Bank, the county's first insured Savings and Loan, can trace its roots back to 1903 as the former Pitman Savings and Loan Association.
Nearby Alcyon Building and Loan Association was organized in 1921. By 1960, it could boast of assets of just under $800,000.00. It began to offer enhanced services and reached out to a wider area; it had evolved to Gloucester County Savings and Loan Association.
On January 30, 1973, the Federal Home Loan Bank Board approved the merger of Gloucester County Federal Savings and Loan Association with Pitman Savings and Loan Association. The new institution would operate from its home office in Washington Township with branch offices in Pitman and Glassboro. It would be known as Gloucester County Federal Savings and Loan with combined assets over $24 million and reserves exceeding $1 million. Assets continued to grow, and a new branch in Monroe Township was opened in February 1981.
The Association's charter was amended in 1988 to allow the corporate name to change to Gloucester County Federal Savings Bank. This better portrayed the services the bank offered its customers.
In the 35 years since the present home office was dedicated, there have been additions and renovations. In January 2001 a new Administration Office was dedicated to better accommodate the growth GCF was experiencing and to allow for future expansion. Washington Township has exploded with growth. At the very center of this sprawling community sits our office.
The change of name from Gloucester County Federal Savings Bank to GCF Bank, in 2007, was approved as part of the five (5) year Business Plan (2006). GCF had already expanded beyond our Gloucester County roots with our highly successful website presence and lending products throughout the United States. It reflects forward thinking and modern innovation as the bank continues to grow.
In 2013, GCF Bank agreed to be acquired by Investors Bank, a New Jersey-based institution that has been in existence since 1926. The conversion will be complete in 2014. It has been a pleasure to serve the community for over 100 years as GCF Bank, and the bank looks forward to continuing the tradition as Investors.Stroll through time in pictures throughout GCF history.